Friday 24 October 2008

WEGGIE'S BLOG

Only for intelligent people.
So you came this far. So you are intelligent. But how intelligent? By following one of the universal laws "What is above, also below" I find some interesting revelations. a) I am here because I am intelligent. I know I am intelligent, because I know I am here. That is the simple thing that separates man from animal. I know therefore that I am not an animal, despite what some readers might think. c) So I have proved that I am intelligent. Now for how intelligent? d) If I ask myself if I believe that I have met some people less intelligent than myself, I have to admit that I believe I have. In fact this alone has been the source of many of my problems. That means that we have some concept of some people being less intelligent than others. c) If some people are less intelligent, then it follows that some people are more intelligent. d)Where do I fit in? That is today's question. Is it true that much of my life is spent in trying to find out where I fit in, and trying to make myself fit where I think I belong. But how do I know where I belong? Do I belong among the more intelligent, or the less intelligent? If I belong among the more intelligent, then there are many people less intelligent than I. And, due to universal laws, I therefore know that there are also many people more intelligent than I. So what is intelligence. I am sure that there are many intellectual definitions of intelligence, but these are merely oxymorons, because everyone knows that each person's intelligence is as unique as his DNA and fingerprints, and therefore undefinable. Taking an intelligence test should be like taking a DNA test. It's impossible to fail. I think intelligence must also include humour of some kind. I am beginning to like the kind of humour that takes a slightly odd thought, and follows it to its logical conclusions. One of the oddest thoughts I have come across recently is the world's education system. Why don't we apply all of our technology to our education system? I reckon, given enough funding, motivation, time and resources, that I could come up with a system that could correlate DNA properties to exam results. Then, the logical extension could be that we could give each student a DNA test (which of course all students would pass), and then based on the test results, we could predict all future exam results. This would avoid the student having to take and pass exams, and we could adjust the education system to be centred on something a little more intelligent. Comments please? How intelligent are you? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "You must not forward this email, unless you compile a brief reply to the sender". Just a few words will do.

No comments: